Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Back Again

So, clearly I have been terrible about blogging. I keep wanting to, and then the task of restarting up again feels so overwhelming that I don't.

I finally decided enough is enough, so here I go. No promises on being able to keep it up.

Things that have happened since the last time I posted...back in March (yikes!)

1. I started my second year of teaching. I have a great group of 4th graders. They are a very quiet group compared to last year's class. I had to actually teach them how to pair-share, which was something last year's class picked up like a fish picks up swimming. Interestingly, my boy-girl ratio is also very skewed. I only have 5 boys! FIVE! The rest are all girls! Anyways, they are awesome. I am really enjoying them so far.

And I am still loving teaching every single day. It is definitely the profession for me! I just love coming up with engaging lessons that the kids also love.

2. I opened up a Teacher Pay Teacher store! It can be found here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Explorations-Of-A-4th-Grade-Teacher
It is not a big store yet (only 17 items) and I am not making a ton of money. Still, I am selling things, which feels pretty great. I am making enough that I can buy what I need from TPT basically for free. So my tpt addiction is currently paying for itself, but I don't really have extra spending money. Surprisingly, it is my bible products that are selling the most so far.

Anyways, I will probably link to some of my products as I blog about what we are doing in the classroom. Joining TPT has definitely made me a better teacher. I am spending time making things for my classroom and more engaging lessons, that I might not have made otherwise.

Ok, well this is just a check-in, so that is all for now. Hopefully I will actually keep the blog up this time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment